need help with a recipe!! i have been asked to make raspberry ruffle cupcake recipe, but finding it extremely hard finding one that to me represents the classic raspberry ruffle. recipes i have seen on line are just vanilla with raspberry coconut frosting, i am thinking i need to improvise. something like chocolate cupcake with coconut and then frosting and filling to be raspberry coconut buttercream and then once i put in freezer to harden, dip the cupcake in melted chocoate or i could do raspberry frosting and just do swirls off chocolate over the top? any advice?
I recently made the Raspberry Ruffle Cupcakes by going through the following recipe.
Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes:
1) Preheat the oven to 170˚C
2) Beat together the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, coconut nectar/maple syrup, non-dairy milk and powdered vanilla until fully combined.
3) Mix in the almond flour, rice flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder and desiccated coconut.
4) Finally add the yoghurt, baking powder, bicarb and salt - beat until fully combined.
5) Divide evenly between two lined 12 cupcake pan – this recipe makes 18 cupcakes.
6) Place in the oven for 16-18 mins – if you press the top lightly it should bounce back. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 mins before removing from the tin and placing on a wire rack.
'Raspberry Ruffle' Frosting:
7) Blend together the creamed coconut and the coconut oil.
8) Stir in the maple syrup, powdered vanilla, raspberry powder, raspberry jam and finally the desiccated coconut until completely combined.
9) Once the cupcakes have cooled spread the frosting over the top of each cupcake and put in the fridge for 10 mins to set.
10) Coat the top with the melted chocolate. :)
I always try new recipes from the livre régime. If you love cooking, then you can browse around here to find such interesting recipes.