Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I am finding my royal icing is soft , and I am not sure if its from the heat of my hands , or the recipe ? I do know the peak is to stand up ! or is it better to use parchment bag , !

Views: 849

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes that's over piping and string work , awesome

so beautiful ,

Linda Wolff said:

Okay, I found one of my cakes that is over piped in butter cream. I cut a portion of the picture hopefully, showing a little more close up. We will see.....

I am piping with , for the barrels 3b star , and the over pipe is also 3 b ! should be a 44 but I don't have it !, for the string work over the cushion is( 1x # 3 )-(3x's # 2) , (2x's # 1) and so on for you string work , you can do the same !, I will try to send you my craftys again

so beautiful

I used to be a Wilton instructor and their recipe is quite good for this technique, but you HAVE to let it mix for at least 10 minutes. If it is shiny, it's too soft. In my own business, I don't use that recipe because I prefer egg whiles. I replace the meringue powder and water with 2 large egg whites. If it's too stiff, I add a teaspoon of water at a time until it's smooth.

thank you Karie  ; ) do you do over lay piping ? can you post it so we can see !? this is another recipe I will try ! I will try ,

I've got a pic here somewhere. Let me see what I can find. I don't do it often because it gets a little too busy for my liking. 

ok , thanks ; )

Hell Linda - that piping is AWESOME!

Gail, this is coming along really well.  I can see a marked improvement on these pictures.  Your shapes are more defined and the lines are cleaner and tidier.  It also looks like you have a better consistency as it's not as shiny as the first lot.  Well done.

art deco cakes by galidink said:

more practice work

thank you Katy , I just did some in wilton fluffy white , I had 2 box's of it in my stock for about 1 & yr's , its gross ! so I figured i'l play with that , !2 box's I only added 1 cup of ice water , but it called for 2 , but it seemed to pipe nice ! i'l post and show you !

a few photo of the over lay piping practice with wiltons fluffy frosting!
art deco cakes by galidink said:

thank you Katy , I just did some in wilton fluffy white , I had 2 box's of it in my stock for about 1 & yr's , its gross ! so I figured i'l play with that , !2 box's I only added 1 cup of ice water , but it called for 2 , but it seemed to pipe nice ! i'l post and show you !

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service