Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

I haven't worked with modeling chocolate and was wondering if it's just a matter of taste or are there instances when it's better to use modeling chocolate?

Views: 1801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess you have a lot more time to work with it. Gum paste hardens quickly. Thanks for filling me in.
The only thing for me when I used the modeling chocolate is that it would start to get too soft. I guess I have hot hands because I would have to set down the figure for a bit and then come back to it.
My hands are always freezing, so I don't think I have to worry about that.

Ann M. said:
The only thing for me when I used the modeling chocolate is that it would start to get too soft. I guess I have hot hands because I would have to set down the figure for a bit and then come back to it.
Is there a recipe for modeling chocolate or can you buy a ready made type??
It's just chocolate and corn syrup.

Renee Mullarney said:
I just made all the characters for our grandson's first birthday and I just went with fondant & gumpaste because I had it all on hand and didn't want to mix up the modeling chocolate since I had the other on hand. The characters turned out pretty cute... Big Bird and Cookie Monster are a bit on the large side but it will work.
I way perfer it to fondant for a more life like figure, rounded figures like dogs fondant is fun. The dragon in my photos is MC and it was the first time I have used it. It was fantastic/
One bum thing about fondant and gumpaste is the time it takes to set up so you can go on to the next step... like my Elmo for Tuckers birthday cake this weekend... He got a bit chubby as he settled!
Could you elaborate on how to make the modeling chocolate? How much of each and what is the process?

Theresa Happe said:
It's just chocolate and corn syrup.

Renee Mullarney said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service