Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

There are so many different bug and insect cakes on the site I decided to create this post to highlight them. Are you looking to for bug cake ideas. Insects make great bug birthday cakes.

From ant cakes to butterfly cakes you will find all the different bug cake ideas below.

If you have made a bug cake please post the picture in the reply section.

Butterfly cakes

Ladybug Cakes

Views: 6546

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If that isn't just the cutest thing ever!!

Laney Cowan said:

Scorpion VS Tarantula

My little one is into "VS" books (one animal or insect against another in a hypothetical fight). So he wanted his cake to match the book "Tarantula vs Scorpion". Pretty simple. RCT bodies covered with fondant. I dried the legs over a ruler that had a handle down the center so they would be arched and then attached them to the body (after putting the body alone on the cake first) with some almond bark (chocolate).

This was made foe a seven year old boy who loves bugs. It is a vanilla sponge cake covered with butter cream and then fondant. The tail was made from RCT.

very cute cake

tammie said:

Laney Cowan said:

what type of frosting did you use,i am just starting to bake and my daughter would love this cake ,she is 18 and loves lady bugs

That's awesome. I am trying some new bug and insect cakes after getting idea from your post. i am also enjoying the most while working with this. Thanks a lot. Keep sharing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service