Cake Decorating Community - Cakes We Bake

Cake Decorating Techniques (208)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Building a structure for 3D standing cake

I am going to attempt to make a black bear standing up on his hind legs.  I've never made a cake standing like this so need a little advise…

Started by Angel Rushing

11 Aug 24, 2013
Reply by Angel Rushing

Full Platform Shoe Tutorial/Template

Hi all.  Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial or template (preferably template), for a full shoe with a platform sole?  I've search…

Started by Katy Nott

3 Aug 18, 2013
Reply by Katy Nott

MY NEW MOLD ??

I JUST REC-MY MOLD TO MAKE THIS !!marvelous molds  from icing inspirations , its a BAROQUE MARINA SOUSA BEAD MOLD , !  HAS any1 used this…

Started by art deco cakes by galidink

47 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by jeri c

Fiskars Shape Cutter

Hi I'm new to this group and not sure how to begin.............just wondering if any of you have any experience using a Shape Cutter with f…

Started by Geraldine Davey

3 May 15, 2013
Reply by jeri c

Taping Flower Wire Help

Hello to all you expert flower makers out there. Have any of you got any tips about how to cover a flower wire in florist tape? I really st…

Started by Katy Nott

16 May 11, 2013
Reply by Katy Nott

Brush Embroidery....and my Craftsy Class

I had a cake to do last weekend that required a ton of work.  The bride wanted me to replicate the lace from her wedding dress onto the cak…

Started by jeri c

3 May 11, 2013
Reply by jeri c

Oh Lordy, Here we go again.

I have been a firm believer from day one that with proper research, tools and preparation, anyone can make any cake they set out to make. T…

Started by Kelly Chandley

6 Mar 19, 2013
Reply by faith brandstetter

Free online classes

Just wanted everyone to know that http://cakestyle.tv/products/ is offering a few online classes for free right now.  They have a simple ro…

Started by Goreti

8 Mar 16, 2013
Reply by faith brandstetter

Horizontal Pleating

Hey ladies....   I saw this wedding cake and was wondering how is the pleating done?  It's such a beautiful cake...   Any thoughts? I could…

Started by Mizztry

12 Mar 12, 2013
Reply by Maria Gemini

Cakes and Wires

I have been seeing more and more of those cakes with stars and hearts seemingly "popping" out of them on what looks like wires.   Please ex…

Started by Denise Riches

6 Mar 3, 2013
Reply by Denise Riches

RSS

© 2024   Created by Theresa Happe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service